CODE OF CONDUCT
SWLH classes and events are a regular time to meet friends, make new friends, socialize, relax and enjoy the one thing we all have in common and that's the love of dancing Lindy Hop to Big Band Swing music. It's also a time to leave the "outside world" at the door before you come in.
SWLH follow the values and standards of the Frankie Manning Foundation which are inspired by Frankie Manning, the Ambassador of Lindy Hop. Frankie Manning's vision of the Lindy Hop was as a catalyst for equitable and positive change, whether personal or in the society we all live in.
• Having fun dancing the lindy hop in a safe and supportive environment
• Be kind and courteous
• A warm welcome to newcomers
• Mutual respect and cooperation
• Inclusivity (diverse backgrounds: geographic, ethnic, socio-economic, age, ability, LGBT, gender roles etc).
• Maintaining a true community among dancers where everyone is valued
Further details of our Code of Conduct together with general dance advice will be available at our classes.